Kevan has welcomed an update from the Chief Executive of Citizens Advice County Durham and the support they are continuing to provide during the pandemic.
A copy of the update is available below:
*Sent on behalf of Stuart Dexter, Chief Executive*
Citizens Advice County Durham
In these extraordinary times we have done our very best to ensure that we can continue to provide our advice services. All arrangements are now in place and I am in a position to provide the following update:
1) Advice services continue via digital channels only (webchat/telephone)
2) All CACD staff across all projects are now working from home.
3) We are trying to identify resources to enable volunteers home working. Existing IT resource does not currently allow for this.
3) General advice can be accessed via our Adviceline service (Monday to Friday 10:00 – 16:00) We will endeavour to make this service available 9.00 -17.00 Tel: 0300 330 9027
4) Debt advice can be accessed via our specialist telephone service 0300 323 2000 (Monday to Friday 09:00 – 13:00)
5) Advice on making a New Claim for Universal Credit (Help to Claim) is available via Freephone on 0800 144 8 444 (Mon-Fri 08:00 – 18:00) or via webchat https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ (08:00 – 18:00)
6) CoronaVirus FAQs will soon be accessible from our website – https://www.citizensadvicecd.org.uk/
7) We are accepting enquiries via Facebook, but please be aware we can only provide very generic responses via this channel.
8) Our DurhamWorks and DurhamROAD projects will continue to support existing participants. If new learners want to engage, they should do so via https://durhamworks.info/